The Legal Assistance Program provides no cost legal assistance in non-fee generating cases as well as non-criminal matters for people 60 years or older. Legal assistance can be provided to:
- Access public benefits including Social Security, Medicaid, Medicare, veterans benefits and unemployment compensation.
- Draft advance directives and designate surrogate decision makers if needed.
- Get help with issues related to guardianship or who are the subject of guardianship actions.
- Access available housing options.
- Help older individuals who face foreclosure or eviction proceedings.
- Gain access to the full benefit of appropriate long-term care private financing options.
- Maintain long-term financial solvency and economic security.
- Ensure elder rights protections transferring from long-term care facilities to home.
- Help those who have experienced elder abuse, including consumer fraud and financial exploitation.
Here are a few of our Legal Guides, which are one of the many resources provided by M4A: