Living Well Alabama (LWA) is a Chronic Disease SelfManagement Program that helps people better manage their health conditions and deal with the frustration, fatigue and pain that can accompany a chronic disease.
The Chronic Disease Self-Management Program (CDSMP) was originally developed by the Stanford Patient Education Research Center at the Stanford University School of Medicine. The goal of this evidence-based program is to help people with chronic diseases learn how to cope with their condition to improve their overall quality of life. Over 300,000 people have participated in a CDSMP across the United States.
Living Well Alabama is a 6-week workshop that meets for 2.5 hours each week, facilitated by 2 trained leaders.
Living Well Alabama may be for you if:
- You have one or more chronic diseases.
- You feel limited in your day-to-day activities.
- You feel frustrated or tired.
- You are looking for better ways to manage your symptoms.
- You are a caregiver for someone with a chronic disease.
- You are a family member or friend of someone with a chronic disease.