The Legal Assistance Program provides no-cost legal assistance in non-fee generating cases as well as non-criminal matters for people 60 years or older. Legal assistance can be provided to:
- Access public benefits including Social Security, Medicaid, Medicare, veterans benefits, and unemployment compensation.
- Draft advance directives and designate surrogate decision-makers if needed.
- Get help with issues related to guardianship or who are the subject of guardianship actions.
- Access available housing options.
- Help older individuals who face foreclosure or eviction proceedings.
- Gain access to the full benefit of appropriate long-term care private financing options.
- Maintain long-term financial solvency and economic security.
- Ensure elder rights protections transfer from long-term care facilities to the home.
- Help those who have experienced elder abuse, including consumer fraud and financial exploitation.
Here are a few of our Legal Guides, which are one of the many resources provided by M4A:
Meet our Contracted Elder Law Attorney
Jan Neal has an established reputation of successfully representing senior, injured and disabled clients throughout Alabama for 30 years. She has demonstrated a life-time commitment to meeting the needs of this population and their family and professional caregivers by concentrating on the following areas of its practice of Elder Law, Health and Disability Law, End of Life Planning, and Estate Resolution. To learn more about Jan Neal and the Jan Neal Law Firm, visit their website by clicking the button below.
To make a referral to our Legal Assistance Services, please CLICK HERE.