What is the Alabama Cares program?
Alabama Cares is a caregiver support program providing supportive services for unpaid caregivers providing at least 20 hours of service per week. Eligibility criteria for the Alabama Cares program include:
- Caregivers providing care to individuals aged 60 and older;
- Caregivers providing care to individuals of any age with a dementia-related diagnosis and related disorders;
- Older relatives (including parents) aged 55 and older providing care to individuals aged 19-59 with severe disabilities;
- Older relatives (not parents) aged 55 and older who are informally raising children under the age of 18.
Caregivers can get support with:
- Information on resources and services available through public education, health fairs, brochures, and newsletters.
- Caregiver Access Assistance to obtain access to the services and resources that are available through outreach and case management.
- Caregiver Education to assist in making decisions and solving problems relating to areas such as health, nutrition, and finances.
- Caregiver Respite or temporary relief from caregiving by providing personal care, homemaker services, adult daycare, and other services requiring a skilled helper in the home.
- Supplemental Services such as incontinent supplies and nutritional supplements are available on a limited basis
Our Alabama Cares team, in partnership with M4A’s PANDA Project, hosts a monthly event we call “Coffee Break” that provides Caregivers with a brief moment of respite through a variety of topics. Sessions are hosted LIVE on ZOOM and Facebook, and they are posted on our YouTube channel.
The most recent session of “Coffee Break” can be viewed below:
Coffee Break will return in 2022! To stay up-to-date, please follow our Facebook page!
Our Alabama Cares Staff hosts a monthly Virtual Support Group on the second Thursday of every month at noon. For more information, contact us today at (205) 670-5770, or email Jeremy Raines at email@example.com or Crystal Whitehead at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join our monthly support group by clicking the link below!
Dial by your location
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
Meeting ID: 849 7857 9212
In-Home Direct Service Provider Forms:
- Alabama Cares DSP Billing Voucher / Reimbursement Form (CLICK)
- Alabama Cares DSP Weekly Services Log (CLICK)
- Alabama Cares DSP Service Log Summary Sheet (CLICK)
Adult Day/Night Respite Provider Forms:
- Adult Day or Night Facility Reimbursement and Billing Invoice (CLICK)
- Adult Day or Night Facility Monthly Summary (CLICK)
- Adult Day or Night Facility Daily Service Log (CLICK)
Billing Procedure for Direct Service Providers (SEE VIDEO BELOW):
UCLA Health Caregiver Training Videos Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpV57QGdU7I&list=PLw0lBK4PlwF5BJvKjJMTnLCQOKZfSMWXD
Provider Training Modules (Dr. Rita Jablonski, CRNP): http://m4a.org/pandadementiatraining/
Also, check out M4A’s new training website: www.training4aging.org