What is the Alabama Cares program?
Alabama Cares is a caregiver support program providing supportive services for unpaid caregivers providing at least 20 hours of service per week. Eligibility criteria for the Alabama Cares program include:
- Caregivers providing care to individuals aged 60 and older;
- Caregivers providing care to individuals of any age with a dementia-related diagnosis and related disorders;
- Older relatives (including parents) aged 55 and older providing care to individuals aged 19-59 with severe disabilities;
- Older relatives (not parents) aged 55 and older who are informally raising children under the age of 18.
Caregivers can get support with:
- Information on resources and services available through public education, health fairs, brochures, and newsletters.
- Caregiver Access Assistance to obtain access to the services and resources that are available through outreach and case management.
- Caregiver Education to assist in making decisions and solving problems relating to areas such as health, nutrition, and finances.
- Caregiver Respite or temporary relief from caregiving by providing personal care, homemaker services, adult day care, and other services requiring a skilled helper in the home.
- Supplemental Services such as incontinent supplies and nutritional supplements are available on a limited basis
Our Alabama Cares team, in partnership with M4A’s PANDA Project, hosts a monthly event we call “Coffee Break” that provides Caregivers with a brief moment of respite through a variety of topics. Sessions are hosted LIVE on ZOOM and Facebook, and they are posted on our YouTube channel.
The most recent session of “Coffee Break” can be viewed below:
Our Alabama Cares Staff hosts a monthly Virtual Support Group on the second Thursday of every month at noon. For more information, contact us today at (205) 670-5770, or email Jeremy Raines at firstname.lastname@example.org or Crystal Whitehead at email@example.com.
Join our monthly support group by clicking the link below!
Dial by your location
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
Meeting ID: 849 7857 9212
Trualta is an innovative solution to provide Family Caregivers with tools to help care for their loved ones. Trualta has partnered with our Alabama Cares program to provide these FREE complimentary educational resources to the Family Caregivers that we serve. These resources help focus on reducing caregiver burden while improving outcomes and reducing costs for our aging population. Resources are updated frequently, and the information can be accessed 24/7. To learn more about Trualta, please view the video below:
To get started on your FREE complimentary user account, click the link below:
Billing Procedure for Direct Service Providers (SEE VIDEO BELOW):
UCLA Health Caregiver Training Videos Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpV57QGdU7I&list=PLw0lBK4PlwF5BJvKjJMTnLCQOKZfSMWXD
Provider Training Modules (Dr. Rita Jablonski, CRNP): http://m4a.org/pandadementiatraining/
Also, check out M4A’s new training website: www.training4aging.org