The purpose of the Ombudsman Program is to advocate for residents in long-term care facilities. Community Ombudsmen representatives work with all parties to protect the health, safety, welfare, and rights of the residents. The Ombudsman program is available to anyone, including residents, their friends or family, or employees of long-term care (or LTC) facilities.
Our Community Ombudsmen representatives will:
- Investigate and resolve complaints on behalf of residents.
- Visit each long-term care facility to evaluate conditions.
- Ensure residents receive the quality care to which they are entitled.
- Act as a mediator between residents, family members, and facility staff.
- Educate residents, family members, and facility staff.
- Provide information to the public.
- Assist with resident and family councils.